Photographed by Geoff Charles.
Soar-y-mynydd Welsh Calvinistic Methodist chapel, is perhaps the most remote chapel in the whole of Wales. It stands near the banks of the river Camddwr on the road from Tregaron to Llyn Brianne. The chapel was built in the 1820s by Ebenezer Richards - minister at Tregaron and father of Henry Richard (1812-88) - and his trustees. The two-storey chapel is built to a traditional design with a long side-wall; the pulpit is located between the two doorways. The building was also used as the local school until the 1940s.