arrowbookcheckclosecommentfacebookfavourite-origfavouritegooglehomeibapdfsearchsharespotlighttwitterwelsh-government
  • War Memorial

  • Use stars to collect & save items A vector image of star to represent action to save this item   Login to save this item
  • Download (non-commercial use only)

Content can be downloaded for non-commercial purposes, such as for personal use or in educational resources.
For commercial purposes please contact the copyright holder directly.
Read more about the The Creative Archive Licence.

Image 1:Download link to the full resolution of image number 1
full resolution of image 1

Description

The War Memorial which commemorates the South African War. It was situated on the promenade opposite Edward Henry St. It was removed in 1928 to a site near the Pavilion. It was moved to its present site in the Garden of Remembrance which was opened on 15th. August 1948.
The memorial comprises of 2 miniature cenotaphs (in Aberdeen grey granite), 5ft.9ins.high and fixed on a base of hard York stone steps.

Comments (0)

You must be logged in to leave a comment