arrowbookcheckclosecommentfacebookfavourite-origfavouritegooglehomeibapdfsearchsharespotlighttwitterwelsh-government
  • A close view of the flooded shaft in Rhiwgreiddyn quarry

  • View map
Map 1st Edition (1868-1892) 2nd Edition (1899-1908) 3rd Edition (1920-1932) 4th Edition (1938-1954) Tithe Map
  • Use stars to collect & save items A vector image of star to represent action to save this item   Login to save this item
  • Download (non-commercial use only)

Content can be downloaded for non-commercial purposes, such as for personal use or in educational resources.
For commercial purposes please contact the copyright holder directly.
Read more about the The Creative Archive Licence.

Image 1:Download link to the full resolution of image number 1
full resolution of image 1

Description

The former Rhiwgreiddyn slate quarry, Ceinws/ Esgairgeiliog. A close view of the flooded shaft in the far left of the open chamber of the mid workings, that drops down to the lower levels that runs below the current council road to an exit level with the old council road next to the river, before the road was raised to it's current level. This made space to tip more waste but buried the bottom level entrance.

Comments (0)

You must be logged in to leave a comment