arrowbookcheckclosecommentfacebookfavourite-origfavouritegooglehomeibapdfsearchsharespotlighttwitterwelsh-government
  • Use stars to collect & save items A vector image of star to represent action to save this item   Login to save this item

Description

Methodist chapel Ceinws Esgairgeiliog 2001. It was built in 1840, opened in 1841 and called Ebenezer. At that time there was a flight of steps leading down to the vestry at the front of the chapel. However there must have been a problem with the building and was re-built in 1874. it is thought that the front steps were also filled in at the same time, with the entrance being at the rear of the building. back in the 1800's this chapel had three arched front windows as shown in John Thomas photograph ( National Library of Wales )of Ceinws Esgairgeiliog.The chapel closed in the 1980's and was sold to somebody in London for a few years. In 2001, it was bought by Jeremy Thomas of Era Works, Ceinws pictured above with his son Jason. It was then renovated and converted into a house.

Comments (0)

You must be logged in to leave a comment