arrowbookcheckclosecommentfacebookfavourite-origfavouritegooglehomeibapdfsearchsharespotlighttwitterwelsh-government
  • Photoscoot 2020: Alexandra Hall of Residence, Aberystwyth

  • View map
Map 1st Edition (1868-1892) 2nd Edition (1899-1908) 3rd Edition (1920-1932) 4th Edition (1938-1954) Tithe Map
  • Use stars to collect & save items A vector image of star to represent action to save this item   Login to save this item
  • Download (non-commercial use only)

Content can be downloaded for non-commercial purposes, such as for personal use or in educational resources.
For commercial purposes please contact the copyright holder directly.
Read more about the The Creative Archive Licence.

Image 1:Download link to the full resolution of image number 1
full resolution of image 1

Description

The 'Borough Guide' published by the Town Council and Edward J Burrows Co noted that the number of students at the University of Wales was about 600 (men and women), and that the women resided in a hall opened by Queen Alexandra (then Princess of Wales) in 1896. King Edward VII (then Prince of Wales) was confirmed as the chancellor of the University during a series of events which included William Gladstone receiving an honorary degree, and the Princess of Wales receiving a degree of Doctor of Music and formally opening the hall of residence.

Comments (0)

You must be logged in to leave a comment