Content can be downloaded for non-commercial purposes, such as for personal use or in educational resources.
For commercial purposes please contact the copyright holder directly.
Read more about the The Creative Archive Licence.

Description

The map included in the 'Aberystwyth Official Souvenir and Guide' published by Aberystwyth Corporation in 1924 places Lloyds Bank at this location. This building is dated 1902 on its fascade. Lloyds Bank was established in Birmingham in 1765 by button maker John Taylor and iron producer and dealer Sampson Lloyd (who was also a Quaker). The bank expanded and took over a number of smaller banking companies in the 19th and 20th centuries. In 1995, it merged with the Trustee Savings Bank and traded as Lloyds TSB Bank plc between 1999 and 2013. In 2009, following the liquidity crisis, HM Government took a stake in Lloyds Banking Group. Lloyds TSB branches in England and Wales were combined with the branches of Cheltenham & Gloucester Buildings Society and the business of Lloyds TSB Scotland to form a new bank named TSB Bank plc.

Comments (0)

You must be logged in to leave a comment