arrowbookcheckclosecommentfacebookfavourite-origfavouritegooglehomeibapdfsearchsharespotlighttwitterwelsh-government
  • Maesydderwen memorial service for ex-pupils killed in World Wars

  • View map
  • Use stars to collect & save items A vector image of star to represent action to save this item   Login to save this item

Description

On 17 January 1952, Maesydderwen County Grammar School, Ystradgynlais, held a service to commemorate the ex-pupils of the school who gave their lives in the two World Wars. Their names are listed in the Roll of Honour inside the leaflet shown here.
The service included the unveiling and dedication of the magnificent pipe organ which was given by the old pupils’ association, the Hen Fes, in their memory.
The other pages included here are an account of that service which was published in the school magazine, Y Fesen, in July 1952 (Vol. 15, no. 1).
The organ, which was installed in the school hall, was later moved to the large assembly hall which was among the new buildings added when the school became comprehensive in 1954. It remained there until those buildings themselves were demolished around 2012.

Comments (0)

You must be logged in to leave a comment