arrowbookcheckclosecommentfacebookfavourite-origfavouritegooglehomeibapdfsearchsharespotlighttwitterwelsh-government
  • Llanelli's Latter Day Saints chapel

  • View map
  • Use stars to collect & save items A vector image of star to represent action to save this item   Login to save this item
  • Download (non-commercial use only)

Content can be downloaded for non-commercial purposes, such as for personal use or in educational resources.
For commercial purposes please contact the copyright holder directly.
Read more about the The Creative Archive Licence.

Image 1:Download link to the full resolution of image number 1
full resolution of image 1

Description

Completed in 1849 by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints - otherwise known as Mormons, Mormonites, or Latter Day Saints - this building was dedicated in the January by missionary Dan Jones. Maps of the area in 1851 and 1880 clearly show the building in Island Place. This one-storey building later passed into different hands - most recently Elim Pentecostal church - as the LDS congregation in Llanelli dwindled, largely due to emigration to America. The building was demolished in the 1990s as part of a road-widening scheme, but a commemorative blue plaque has been installed at the chapel's former location by Llanelli Community Heritage.

Comments (0)

You must be logged in to leave a comment