Content can be downloaded for non-commercial purposes, such as for personal use or in educational resources.
For commercial purposes please contact the copyright holder directly.
Read more about the The Creative Archive Licence.


Aberangell Station in the late 1920s. The Mawddwy Railway built, by Edmund Buckley and completed in 1867, was primarily built to provide access to his slate products with the Cambrian Line at Cemaes Road. Aberangell was fortunate in that the line ran through the village- unlike most of the other villages along its route, and benefited considerably in both commercial and passenger transport. From the collection of Gwyndaf Breese. Penpentre is visible in the background.

Comments (1)

Dan Quine's profile picture
Much earlier than the 1930s. This was taken between 1911 and 1914, just after the Mawddwy Railway had been taken over by the Cambrian Railways and relaid in chaired track. The Hendre Ddu Tramway wharf has two of the line's box wagons on it, being unloaded into the standard gauge wagon on the siding.

You must be logged in to leave a comment