arrowbookcheckclosecommentfacebookfavourite-origfavouritegooglehomeibapdfsearchsharespotlighttwitterwelsh-government
  • Brigands Inn, Mallwyd Late 1950s

  • Use stars to collect & save items A vector image of star to represent action to save this item   Login to save this item
  • Download (non-commercial use only)

Content can be downloaded for non-commercial purposes, such as for personal use or in educational resources.
For commercial purposes please contact the copyright holder directly.
Read more about the The Creative Archive Licence.

Image 1:Download link to the full resolution of image number 1
full resolution of image 1

Description

Brigands Inn, Mallwyd Late 1950s. The inn on the crossroads at Mallwyd dates back to the 16th century and has changed its name many times. Around 1900 it was still known as the Peniarth Arms, later becoming the Cross Foxes, taken from the Peniarth Coat of Arms. It later became The Bury. There was much indignation among the locals when it was given its present name The Brigands Inn .They would have much preferred the Welsh version, Tafarn y Gwylliaid. From the collection of Gwyndaf Breese

Comments (0)

You must be logged in to leave a comment