arrowbookcheckclosecommentfacebookfavourite-origfavouritegooglehomeibapdfsearchsharespotlighttwitterwelsh-government
  • David Lloyd George with Frances at the old bridge at Llanystumdwy, 1944

  • View map
Map 1st Edition (1868-1892) 2nd Edition (1899-1908) 3rd Edition (1920-1932) 4th Edition (1938-1954) Tithe Map
  • Use stars to collect & save items A vector image of star to represent action to save this item   Login to save this item
  • Download (non-commercial use only)

Content can be downloaded for non-commercial purposes, such as for personal use or in educational resources.
For commercial purposes please contact the copyright holder directly.
Read more about the The Creative Archive Licence.

Image 1:Download link to the full resolution of image number 1
full resolution of image 1

Description

Two years after the death of Dame Margaret David Lloyd George married Frances Stevenson. In September 1944 they moved to live at Ty Newydd near Llanystumdwy. He spent the final period of his life in his home village. Admirers were surprised to hear that he had accepted the invitation to be a member of the House of Lords, but on 1 January 1945 he was elevated to the upper house as Earl Lloyd George of Dwyfor.

Comments (0)

You must be logged in to leave a comment