arrowbookcheckclosecommentfacebookfavourite-origfavouritegooglehomeibapdfsearchsharespotlighttwitterwelsh-government
  • Use stars to collect & save items A vector image of star to represent action to save this item   Login to save this item

Description

This history of the farms and field-names of Blaenau Tywi (the Upper Tywi Valley) was undertaken by volunteers from the Blaenau Tywi/Upper Tywi Valley History Group during 2012-13. The project came about because it was felt that field-names of the locality were being overlooked and forgotten, due to the use of numbers instead of names in modern agricultural practice and by the increased migration of non-Welsh speakers into the area to whom the old Welsh names mean little.

This is the eleventh section of 11 of a book published in 2014, and contains the Blaenau Tywi ruins, cartouches from the John Campbell Mapbook, 1777, Blaenau Tywi datestones, maps of cottages including those not mentioned in the tithe apportionments of 1839 and 1843 and the back cover of the book.

Comments (0)

You must be logged in to leave a comment