arrowbookcheckclosecommentfacebookfavourite-origfavouritegooglehomeibapdfsearchsharespotlighttwitterwelsh-government
  • Welsh Place-names: Llandrinio

  • View map
Map 1st Edition (1868-1892) 2nd Edition (1899-1908) 3rd Edition (1920-1932) 4th Edition (1938-1954) Tithe Map
  • Use stars to collect & save items A vector image of star to represent action to save this item   Login to save this item
  • Download (non-commercial use only)

Content can be downloaded for non-commercial purposes, such as for personal use or in educational resources.
For commercial purposes please contact the copyright holder directly.
Read more about the The Creative Archive Licence.

Image 1:Download link to the full resolution of image number 1
full resolution of image 1

Description

Llantrinew 1254, Landrimeaw c.1291, Llandrunion in Dendour 1309, Landrunyawe 1361, Llandrunyo 1385, Llandrineawe 1399, Llandrunio 1425, (bridge of) Landrvine 1478, llann Drinio late 15th C., Llandrynyo 1535, ll.drinio c.1566, Llandrynio 1567, Llandrinio 1568, 1836

'Church of (St) Trunio'. (or ‘Trinio’) reputedly a grandson of Emyr Llydaw (Budic II of Brittany), a 'Dark Age' ancestor of a number of saints recorded in medieval manuscripts of Bonedd y Saint, 'Lineage of the Saints'.
Llandrinio is recorded in 1526 as a place of pilgrimage.

Comments (0)

You must be logged in to leave a comment