arrowbookcheckclosecommentfacebookfavourite-origfavouritegooglehomeibapdfsearchsharespotlighttwitterwelsh-government
  • Dance hall

  • Use stars to collect & save items A vector image of star to represent action to save this item   Login to save this item
  • Download (non-commercial use only)

Content can be downloaded for non-commercial purposes, such as for personal use or in educational resources.
For commercial purposes please contact the copyright holder directly.
Read more about the The Creative Archive Licence.

Image 1:Download link to the full resolution of image number 1
full resolution of image 1

Description

In 1934 the Council leased the Pavilion to a group of local business men who proposed to turn it into a Dance Hall.
Originally going to be called The Dansart, by the time it opened the name “The Marina” had been adopted. A new floor was laid, which soon became known as one of the finest dance floors in the area. The opening night saw hundreds dancing to live music, and a regular programme of dances followed.

Comments (0)

You must be logged in to leave a comment