arrowbookcheckclosecommentfacebookfavourite-origfavouritegooglehomeibapdfsearchsharespotlighttwitterwelsh-government
  • Photographs of Clydach 3

  • Use stars to collect & save items A vector image of star to represent action to save this item   Login to save this item

Description

Clydach/Ynystawe
Hebron Congregational chapel, Hebron Rd, Clydach
Below is a part extract from the Chapels database entry on genuki
https://www.genuki.org.uk/big/wal/GLA/Llangiwg/chapelsdatabase

"When Gellionnen Chapel turned Unitarian, members from Mynydd Bach took a dwelling house at Pentremalwod, Clydach, for holding religious services. About 1805, a church was formed there, the first minister was Daniel Evans. The first Hebron, built on the site later occupied by the Cloth Hall, was opened in 1821. The second pastor, William Thomas, came in 1830 and left in 1834 with a number of members to form a new church in Glais. In the same year,David Jones became minister at Hebron and remained until his death in 1845. He was followed by Thomas Thomas in 1846, during his time a larger chapel was built (old Hebron), opened in 1849.............."
The following text and *photographs were copied on 1 Dec 2010 from the the site of Rowland Jones (Chartered Surveyors) who are selling the chapel...............
"The property is located in the small town of Clydach, approximately seven miles to the north of Swansea City Centre and within one mile to the north of the M4 motorway. The property fronts on to Hebron Road, near the centre of the town. The property comprises a detached chapel and vestry building. There are graves on the site, however, these may be exhumed, subject to necessary approval. Organ to be removed.........." The chapel appears to have been offered for sale since at least April 2009
*NB. These photographs are the property of Rowland Jones (Chartered Surveyors) 
See profile page for copyright and acknowledgements.

Comments (0)

You must be logged in to leave a comment