arrowbookcheckclosecommentfacebookfavourite-origfavouritegooglehomeibapdfsearchsharespotlighttwitterwelsh-government
  • Use stars to collect & save items A vector image of star to represent action to save this item   Login to save this item

Description

Cwmgors

Contributed by Tommy Vaughan of Gwaun-cae-gurwen, March/April 2004

1.Cwmgors Colliery

2.Gors Street during the 1950s  - War time damage to the roof of Tabernacle in the distance is evident. Howells' post office/shop is on the right, Rock shop is out of picture to the left of the car.

3. View from the grassed former colliery tip over Gors Street - Now Heol y Gors - to the former Howard Park and Betws Mountain beyond

4. Cwmgors Ladies dressed up in Welsh costumes on a carnival float c 1951

5.Disused mineral railway near the bridge leading to Howard Park

6.Pantyfedwen houses
Taken by Tommy from the old Cwmgors Colliery tip looking north. The Pantyfedwen sheltered houses now occupy the former colliery site.

See profile page for copyright and acknowledgements.

Comments (0)

You must be logged in to leave a comment