National Library Open Day Collection- Aberystwyth

A collection of items relating to Aberystwyth
The various University of Wales colleges formed football clubs towards the end of the nineteenth century. The most successful teams were at Bangor and Aberystwyth and there were many fiercely competitive matches between the two colleges. Here is a photograph...
35mm colour slide showing engine of 'Owain Glyndwr' at Aberystwyth Station, Rheidol Railway, by Dylan Roberts.
Colour transparency showing the female figure on the War Memorial, Aberystwyth taken by Iain Wright, June 2004
This shoe repairers once stood where the Express cafe is now opposite the Old Station in Aberystwyth. In later years the business moved to Queen Street.
The promenade is one of the most popular parts of the town of Aberystwyth. This photograph was taken from Constitution Hill.
Colour transparency showing general view of the Promenade at Aberystwyth, produced by Iain Wright, June 2004.
Slide of RCAHMW colour oblique aerial photograph of Pen Dinas Camp, taken by C.R. Musson, 25/4/1989.
Digital colour photograph of Aberystwyth Castle, with war memorial, in snow, by Charles Green, 2004.
Early view of Aberystwyth Pier by James Ede.Aberystwyth Pier, originally 244m long, was built by Eugenius Birch of London in 1865 and consists of cast-iron piles concreted into the rock, with cast-iron columns braced by wrought iron rods. The pier was...
Black and white oblique aerial photograph showing the National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth, dated 27 July 1947. The photograph also shows the first University campus buildings.
Aberystwyth Railway Station was opened on 1 August 1864 as the terminus for the Aberystwyth & Welsh Coast Railway, later part of the Cambrian Railways. From 12 August 1867 the Manchester & Milford Railway from Pencader Junction also used the...
The King's Hall, Aberystwyth, was built 1934 in Art Deco style, it was demolished in 1989.
The King's Hall, Aberystwyth, was built 1934 in Art Deco style. It was demolished in 1989.
Kings Hall, Aberystwyth, was built 1934 in Art Deco style. It was demolished in 1989.
Top Row left to right. Jim Pugh, James Edwards, Willie Roberts. Middle Row left to right. Ben White, Evan James Davies, Richard Arfon Jones, Jack Harrington, Bottom row left to right ? Dai Theophilus Jenkins, Johnny Daniel
A photograph of Gaynor Dawson and Iris Rowbotham working in James' Stores, Terrace Road, Aberystwyth.
A photograph of Iris Rowbotham taken c. 1965 at Aberystwyth Harbour.
A photographof Charlie Rowbotham taken c. 1965 at Aberystwyth Harbour.
1920 - 4 women on beach at Aberystwyth, including mother of Anne Richards, Sarah Ann Davies in front.
Julia Gunn at the National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth. She was researching her Family History and loved going there.
There are 26 items in this collection
  • Comments (0)

You must be logged in to leave a comment