arrowbookcheckclosecommentfacebookfavourite-origfavouritegooglehomeibapdfsearchsharespotlighttwitterwelsh-government

Content can be downloaded for non-commercial purposes, such as for personal use or in educational resources.
For commercial purposes please contact the copyright holder directly.
Read more about the The Creative Archive Licence.

Image 1:Download link to the full resolution of image number 1
full resolution of image 1

Description

Bust of Lord David Davies displayed in the Library at Gregynog Hall, Powys, former home of his sisters Gwendoline and Margaret Davies. Presented in 1935 alongside a memorial and bronze bust to Lord David Davies, on behalf of the people of Wales, by eminent 1930s sculptor Sir Goscombe John - displayed to this day in the Temple of Peace in Cardiff. As a family the Davies' made huge contributions through their philanthropy to Wales' peace and internationalist movements, with David leading Welsh peace building efforts in support of the League of Nations and the sisters at the forefront of supporting global education. This year had been a height of peacebuilding activity in Wales, with over 1 million people having participated in the 1935 Peace Ballot (see https://www.wcia.org.uk/blogs/1935-peace-ballot-in-wales/)

Comments (0)

You must be logged in to leave a comment