arrowbookcheckclosecommentfacebookfavourite-origfavouritegooglehomeibapdfsearchsharespotlighttwitterwelsh-government
  • Aberystwyth Station sign

  • View map
Map 1st Edition (1868-1892) 2nd Edition (1899-1908) 3rd Edition (1920-1932) 4th Edition (1938-1954) Tithe Map
  • Use stars to collect & save items A vector image of star to represent action to save this item   Login to save this item
  • Download (non-commercial use only)

Content can be downloaded for non-commercial purposes, such as for personal use or in educational resources.
For commercial purposes please contact the copyright holder directly.
Read more about the The Creative Archive Licence.

Image 1:Download link to the full resolution of image number 1
full resolution of image 1

Description

Aberystwyth Station sign. Photograph taken in March 1970.

Aberystwyth Railway Station was opened on 1 August 1864 as the terminus for the Aberystwyth & Welsh Coast Railway, later part of the Cambrian Railways.The present passenger facilities occupy some of the 1872 buildings, including the ticket office range which was originally two railway houses, one for the Signalman, the other for the Stationmaster, backed by the platform and canopy of 1894. Other remains of the 1872 station are still extant while the 1924-5 building has been converted to a public house. The station is currently the southern terminus of the Cambrian Coast Line to Pwllheli via Machynlleth.

Comments (0)

You must be logged in to leave a comment