arrowbookcheckclosecommentfacebookfavourite-origfavouritegooglehomeibapdfsearchsharespotlighttwitterwelsh-government
  • Cross on grave of Llanerch Colliery explosion Victim in Trevethin churchyard

  • View map
Map 1st Edition (1868-1892) 2nd Edition (1899-1908) 3rd Edition (1920-1932) 4th Edition (1938-1954) Tithe Map
  • Use stars to collect & save items A vector image of star to represent action to save this item   Login to save this item
  • Download (non-commercial use only)

Content can be downloaded for non-commercial purposes, such as for personal use or in educational resources.
For commercial purposes please contact the copyright holder directly.
Read more about the The Creative Archive Licence.

Image 1:Download link to the full resolution of image number 1
full resolution of image 1

Description

A small iron cross was placed on the graves of Llanerch Colliery Explosion victims who did not have a gravestone in St Cadocs churchyard, Trevethin, Pontypool. The Llanerch Explosion on Feb 6th 1890 killed 176 men and boys. More than 50 of the victims are buried in St Cadoc’s, Trevethin. Only a few of these crosses survive in the churchyard.

Comments (0)

You must be logged in to leave a comment