Content can be downloaded for non-commercial purposes, such as for personal use or in educational resources.
For commercial purposes please contact the copyright holder directly.
Read more about the The Creative Archive Licence.


In 1946, shortly before leaving Pembroke Dock where he had been Vicar for a number of years, the Rev. D. D. Bartlett, who not long afterwards became Bishop of St. Asaph, posed with these members of St. John's Parish Church Choir. We have been unable to identify everyone in the group and would be pleased to hear from persons able to fit names to certain faces. Back, left to right and beginning with choirboy standing immediately behind lady on far left: Brian Sherlock, Raymond Jones (who afterwards went on the professional stage using the stage name 'Raymond Llewellyn'), Roy Perkins, Derek Davies, John Bartlett (son of the Vicar), Leslie Davies, John, Alan and Peter Maynard (three brothers), Ken Davies. Third row: Miss Winifred Davies, Miss Nancy Willcocks, Miss Dilys Johns, Ron Mumford (organist), name not known, David Evans, Harry Cardew, Cyril Watts, Alan Tilbury, Miss Thomas, Miss Grace Kenward. Second row: John Trevena (church warden), Tom Looley, Rev. H. Llewellyn Walters (Curate), Rev. D. D. Bartlett (Vicar), Rev. Leslie Evans (Curate), Mr. Williams (father of the late Mr. 'Lalla' Williams of Lamphey School and curator of Pembroke Castle museum), Mr. T. P. Owen (church warden and then Clerk to the local Justices) Front; name not known, name not known, Sherwyn Tucker, John Thomas, Stephen Griffiths, Eddie Evans (who died in a road accident as a young man), name not known, John Willcocks and David Evans (twin brother of Eddie Evans). The Rev. Bartlett was succeeded as Vicar of Pembroke Dock by the Rev. J. T. Morgan M.A., who died in early 1963.

Comments (0)

You must be logged in to leave a comment