arrowbookcheckclosecommentfacebookfavourite-origfavouritegooglehomeibapdfsearchsharespotlighttwitterwelsh-government
  • Use stars to collect & save items A vector image of star to represent action to save this item   Login to save this item

Description

Coleg Trefeca has a long history, starting in 1752 when Hywel Harris established a Christian Community there. It was later a theological college of the Presbyterian Church of Wales, which owns the building. In the 20th Century it became run down and was no longer needed as a college. Revd. Cyril Summers and the congregation from Community House used to go up to Trefeca at weekends to help to restore the building. The young people more or less camped out there. Now it is a lovely conference centre and retreat. Set in the beautiful Welsh countryside between Llangorse and Talgarth it is a fantastic place to spend the day (as the congregation of Community House PCW still do), or even better a few days.

The photograph shows Cyril and the elders of the church at Trefeca, where they would go for a retreat and study.

Comments (0)

You must be logged in to leave a comment